- Cristo Rey Columbus Building Featured on WOSU's "Columbus Neighborhoods"
- Cristo Rey Prepares to Graduate First Class
- Inaugural Schott Award
- New Movements in School Finance
- Cristo Rey Columbus From the Ground Up
- Professional Work Study Program
- “Learning To Work And Working To Learn” At Cristo Rey
- School is good for Downtown in long run
- Former Ohio School for the Deaf Gets a New Lease on Life as High School
- Cristo Rey ready to show off renovated facility
- Cristo Rey High School Moves to New Location
- Cristo Rey brings students back to old Deaf School
- In the News
- Professional Work-Study Program Featured on NBC4
- Prep school opens doors to first class
- Library approves sale of Deaf School to Cristo Rey
- Dispatch covers the Monsignor Francis X. Schweitzer Scholarship
- Cristo Rey featured in Business First
- NBC4 Feature on Cristo Rey
- Cristo Rey Columbus High School opening doors to underprivileged learners
- Incoming Freshman Share Dreams
- Cristo Rey offers work component to curriculum
- Historical Site Considered
- Fr. John Foley’s Words of Wisdom
Dispatch covers the Monsignor Francis X. Schweitzer Scholarship
From the Columbus Dispatch April 11th article on Rev. Francis Schweitzer:
Ed Flahive was sitting in a restaurant with his uncle, the Rev. Francis Schweitzer, when the Catholic priest said something Flahive found so inspiring that he wrote it down.
“He came to determine that ‘education is the key to the door that unlocks the prison that is poverty,’ ” Flahive said.
Calling the insight prophetic, Flahive said it only made sense that Schweitzer donated $50,000 to establish a scholarship fund at Cristo Rey Columbus High School upon his death in October at age 93. The Catholic school in Franklinton provides lower-income, at-risk youth with a college-preparatory curriculum coupled with a work-study program.Read the entire article on the Dispatch website.